Brick & blocks are a cost-effective way of construction a wide variety of buildings and structures. At Myers Building Building Supplies we offer various types of blocks for any application some of the most popular include;
- Dense Concrete – an inexpensive option but still strong and durable so good for most general purpose applications
- Lightweight – good thermal and sound insulation properties. Because they are light, they are easy to use whilst also still being reliable and strong.
- Solid – dense block used below ground level. Not suitable for painting directly onto solid blocks, however, you can add either render or plaster beforehand.
- Hollow – excellent for structural work, including high-strength retaining walls, external walls, and cavity walls. These blocks are durable, fire resistant and can be plastered or rendered if you wish to paint them.
- Foundation – have insulation properties
- Aerated – lightweight, strong and reliable. They are commonly used as infill for beam and block flooring, cavity walls and partition walls
Within our extensive brick offer, we are able to supply:
- Facing – these are typically chosen for their appearance as they will be used on external walls
- Engineered – these are chosen for strength over appearance and are normally used for retaining walls
- Common – these can be used above and below ground where conditions require a hardy brick
Choosing the right brick is very important so we offer a brick matching service to help blend new bricks into an extension, a repair or the local area.